The firm was established in 1933 when Stephen S. Soja began the general practice of law in the Indian Orchard section of Springfield. He was joined in practice by his son, John F. Soja, in 1973 when the firm became known as Soja & Soja. The main office was moved to its present location on Wilbraham in 1983 and the Indian Orchard office closed in 1985. In 1986, Attorney Regina Perry-Abbott joined the firm and in 1992, the name of the firm was changed to Soja & Abbott. The staff consists of three lawyers and four to five paralegals. .